Friday, August 15, 2008

Well, this is my first attempt at a blog so bear with me. I am trying to post pics of our vacation. We went to Hershey and Lancaster, PA with a quick stop at Cabella's in Harrisburg. We had a wonderful time. Hershey Park was great this year and we enjoyed visiting Lancaster County and the Amish. We took a nice horse drawn carriage ride with our new Amish friend Elsie who took us around a 4 mile tour of Amish farms. We also went to the Millenium Theatre and saw the wonderful production "In the Beginning". As our family is about ready to expand...(and my stomach already is VERY expanded) I just wanted to keep everyone up to date. We are expecting a baby in November. I am currently scheduled for a C-Section on November 18th. We are not finding out the gender this time. Of course George is hoping for a brother. Nina-Kathryn wants a sister and Laila was pulling for a pony until she saw the ultrasound and it was clearly NOT a pony! So she is ok with a baby now, but she is NOT helping with anything, as all things Baby are "Disgusting"! I am feeling it is a girl, but I thought both the girls were boys, so my feelings are obviously not too reliable. I have 13 weeks and 5 days until the surgery for now. I have convinced the doctor to schedule the surgery later than she would have liked because I am delivering in a community hospital with no NICU. If there are any breathing problems they transfer the baby to Morristown (1 hour away), but they won't discharge me for a minimum of 48 hours. So, we compromised on the later date with the stipulation that I will have another ultrasound around the end of October, beginning of November and see how the size of the baby is...then we will final the date. I am feeling really good for now. The baby is active and that is always a good thing in the last trimester. George is starting 2nd grade and is doing really well. His Platelet levels have been very good ranging from 110-274 (normal is 150-440). We are praising God for his recovering with no side effects and no sign of Leukemia. He had his screen for the year in July and all is well. He is back to riding bikes and playing Basketball. Mom and Dad are still keeping a close eye of course, but giving him a little space now. Laila starts Kindergarten and Nina-Kathryn will be in Pre-Kindergarten 2 half days a week. The girls will be doing a gymnastics class together with some other friends. Laila is taking a break from Ballet/Tap this year. (THANK GOD!!) Bader is still busy with the store and being the great dad he is with the kids. He will go back to teaching at CCM in September for his 12th year there. Raquel our beloved au pair who has spent the past year with us will be returning to Brazil next Friday August 22nd. We will miss her, but are so blessed by her this past year. She will always be a part of our family. Tata is doing well. She has not traveled as much this year, but took a cruise with Fadel and Mirna, Laila (her daughter) and Mirna's family. (Miss Zaena stayed with us.) It was fun for us and them. She also went to Chicago and California and Minnisota for some shorter than usual trips. Her health is good and her cooking is great as always!!I "retired" from Dr. Gimbel's office in April after 15 years there. It has been an interesting transition for me (and for the office), but I am enjoying being more active in the kids school and spending more time with them in general. I will be filling in at the office in September. I am looking forward to this. I had lunch with Dr. G and Dr. Correa this past week and got caught up a little. The practice and the people were such a big part of my life for so long they will always be important to me. Well, this should get you caught up on the happening in our family these days.

























4 comments:

Raquel (raquelrib12@hotmail.com) said...

Nice blog I loved, I will miss you tooooo I love you so much!! God bless our family !!

Momma Lott said...

So nice to read about your beautiful family! I miss you all!!! Give big hugs to everyone for me! :-)

Love, April

Ethan and Tracy Mann said...

Jenny,

Great blog, thanks for starting it! We are glad things are going well for everyone out there. We are praying for you to have a wonderful birth experience.

Ethan

adventuresofjenny said...

What a beautiful family! I can't wait to see pictures of the new addition...when the time comes.